Friday, May 7, 2010

THE POTTY DANCE!

I haven't blogged in a while again but there are some stories I just have to share! First let me share that my mother-in-law has been living with us for the last couple of months. She was diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimers, OCD, Anxiety, Depression and maybe a few other things. She is as she says "Just an old country woman" raised in a barn, on the farm or the cotton fields, the point is she is not sophisticated but has a sweet heart and Loves the Lord but she can and does provide unexpected entertainment. Tonight was actually CLASSIC.

We live in the country so not much happens but oh not tonight there were sherriffs deputies next door and like good Nosey neighbors we were outside trying to see what was happening. My sweet mother in law laid on my porch which is VERY visible to the neighbors, while my sons and their dad played basketball and I watered to trees and washed off the sidewalk. Of course all of this was just an effort to seem busy I admit thought I was watching all that was going on next door when suddenly my 71 year old mother in law stands up and in her thick accent and not se quiet announces "I have to make potty but I don't want miss anything shhh over there" As she does this she is patting her self and holding her pants jus tlike a toddler the deputies next door are staring straight at us as I stand with a water hose staring at her about to die laughing as she continues to do her jig while grabbing her self repeating she needs to potty all I could think was "DO THE POTTY... DANCE"

I finally got her inside with the promise I would tell her if anything happened while she pottied. As she went into the house I exploded with laughter seriously you cant even make this stuff up! I said a few weeks ago I am the proud mother of a 12,16 and NOW A very Energetic 71 year old! GO ME... and I thought I had no use for the Potty Dance! NOT I like the TWATTY dance though! What a blessing to have innocence around again though because all who have heard the story have enjoyed a much needed laugh! Good night Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment