Saturday, October 24, 2009


I haven't blogged in a while, I have been busy working on some other writings. I laid out on my deck earlier and looked up at the sky, WHAT A MAJESTIC SITE! As lay there looking up, staring through the branches of my tree catching glimpse of the most perfect blue sky, several things went through my head. I have a friend who says trees remind her to Praise God, There they are every day reaching up to the Heavens their arms (branches) open wide just praising God, They keep their arms stretched out and up through storms, through bitter cold, howling wind, through scorching heat, trees just keep their arms open wide, even when a a limb is snapped from its trunk the tree continues to reach toward the sky, praising GOD! Now, isn't that exactly what God wants us to do?


Absolutely, we are supposed to praise him in the good times and in the bad times. I can't imagine if my arm was cut off that I would praise God immediately, oh sure I would get there but it would take me some time but trees they just keep their arms open wide praising God. When the heat of life gets to me I wilt and struggle, but even when a tree is thirsty and begins to wilt and die, what branches it still has are you guessed it stretched up towards the sky praising God. I don't even have many trees on my property, its just where we live, it was a pasture at one time so there just aren't many trees but several years ago I planted a seedling my grandfather and dug up before he died and planted in a pot for me. He had been a farmer and he thought all of us should have trees, he planted trees, flowers and taught all of us how to cultivate, nurture and tend to our plants, very symbolic because that is what he did for most of his family. He planted the seed, then he fed it watered it, nurtured and then watched us sprout up, eventually branching out on our own. I did exactly as he told me with this little seedling as today it towers over my house and provides beautiful shade from the heat. The funny thing is, it is the only tree that has flourished or anything that I have planted. Why? because I did exactly as he told me too, I never tried it any other way. I want to be like my tree, I want to open my arms and praise God through it all, how? Well, God gave us a book full of instructions... The Bible, How easy would life be if, I could follow God's instructions to the letter, not every adding my two cents?

Pretty powerful Question?

1 comment:

  1. Traci, you said it well. We forget to look up and out to see what God has given us. A meal to eat, a warm dry place to sleep, and roof over our head. So much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete