Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Search is on!

THE SEARCH IS ON

I grew up in church, I grew up in a Christian Home but I also grew up with Faith, a general or generic Faith I call it now. I had Blind Faith that God Sent his Son, That I was saved, That there was Heaven and Hell and that I knew right from wrong, follow the ten commandments, and don't ask questions. DON'T ASK QUESTIONS? So no questions and blind faith equaled the spiritual maturity level of the 8 year old little girl who asked Jesus to come and live in her heart when I was pushing 30! I didn't seek answers on my own, I was hungry for something in my life and tried to satisfy that hunger with everything and anything but the one thing that actually would satisfy it THE WORD OF GOD!


Proverbs 2:1-7
My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,
3 and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless

"Store up my commands within you..." Wow I need to store up Gods Word within me, I need to seek his word like I was looking for some great treasure, like a child on a treasure hunt, or like I was in the Movie National Treasure, Raiders of the Lost Arc? Gods Word is a treasure and when we seek him how can we find him if we don't even know him? For me, I never questioned his existence but he was like some distant relative that I saw from a distance, I knew he loved me, I knew he sent his son to die for my sins, I knew there was Heaven and Hell but I didn't know him. I didn't know the stories of how he taught his children or how he provided unless it was some great miracle or the flood. I didn't know him.

When we were kids my cousin and I loved to climb on our grandfathers lap so he could read to us, Papa was a big man (not over weight big) But a farmer big, strong and steady, calm and soothing, he tended to each of us just like he tended to his crops, his gardens, He planted seeds, he watered and we grew, the seeds he planted in each of us are still sprouting sprouting some for the first time even over 8 years after his death because he planted, them, and we listened to him and we heard his words and hid them deep within us. It occurred to me that this is what My Heavenly father wants from me and how Blessed I was to have had an actual example. I can curl up and read his story, I can get to know him, I know who he is, I Can learn from the stories he had recorded for us, I can learn and I can hide his command deep within me and I will grow. I can fall in love with JESUS, I can know him, but I have to seek him. I want to know him, I am still hungry but I know that nothing else can touch that thirst or that hunger except getting to know God Fully, falling in Love with him and hiding his commands deep within me. I have searched for wisdom and clarity, I have sought to be Blameless but I couldn't be or have those things because I have not sought to know him fully when that began a new life began and because of the seeds he has sprouted up with in me the only way find my answers is to seek him, to continue falling in Love with him so the Search is on, not for answers for my trouble today, but to know him and to instill in me the commands of his words deep within me so when trouble comes my way I don't need to stop because he will be there in me and my choices will be from knowing his will in my life because I know him, Fall In love with him, if he knows every hair on our head shouldn't we get to know him?

No comments:

Post a Comment