Saturday, August 29, 2009

When do we compromise?

The world is far from perfect and so am I but it still would be nice to live without controversy or trials, or would it? I don't know what the world would be like if we did not have all the trials and tribulations, we are a world of imperfect people, making mistakes, filled with expectations and learning acceptance is the key to true happiness! I am not sure where I am supposed to find the strength to accept certain things but this must be a quest.

As a mother when do you know it is time to let go and let your young take on their own world, when is your child old enough to make a decision regarding who they love, when is it still the right time for a parent to step in and say enough is enough. How do we get through without people standing beside us and how do we make a change when we feel all alone? I think feeling alone might be just a consequence of isolating but the truth is none of us can do any of this alone. We will disagree with others choices and feelings will get hurt, we will be wronged and there will times that doing the right thing brings persecution and disapproval this is the true test of what we are made of. When doing the right thing brings persecution are we strong enough to survive, not compromising who we are for approval! I guess thats how it is with parenting too. I have to do what I believe what has worked till now and know when to pull back, when to let go and when to step in, yet perform the delicate balancing act of not compromising what I know to be true just to find approval in those who bring persecution and controversy!

God Bless have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment