Saturday, August 15, 2009

Whatever

We all say it, but does anyone know what it really means? I didn't until recently. Last year right at the start of a terrible year my best friend gave me a coffee cup that said "WHATEVER" jus the other day I actually looked at the cup and read the bilble Verse associated with "whatever",

Phillipians 4:8 says "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."

So biblically if we say whatever we are rejecting whatever is not true, noble, just, pure, lovely etc., We are saying no to impurity of the world and promising to to only allow Godly thoughts and actions into our lives. Can you believe that? Talk about changing the meaning of "Whatever". So I won't take "whatever" for granted anymore, when I say it I mean it. I reject the impurity of this world and say I only will allow Whatever is of God in my mind, heart and life!

No comments:

Post a Comment