Friday, November 6, 2009

what do you do when faced with a difficult choice? My husband and I were recently faced with a very difficult decision. We had been told some things and observed some behaivors that had us concerned regarding a possible abuse of a child. We had no hard core proof, we only had the statements of 3 very young children that raised RED FLags for us. We knew we could be wrong if we actually acqused another adult of hurting a child but we also knew that we had to say something. On a prayer and alot of faith we opted to go to the childs mother and tell her what we felt and what had been said. The events that followed were more then I could have ever dreamed would have happened and cost my husband and I both greatly. We lost a relationship that we valued greatly because our concerns were taken discussed and eventually we felt threatned, My fear quickly became for my own children and my heart broke because the anger fueled by these concerns actually led to a very fast move and a cutting of all ties to my husband and I. I have spent over a week in deep sorrow for this loss an dpraying as to if I had made the right choice. I may not have said the right things in the most perfect way but eventually I was set free from my sadness why? Because, If I wrongly acqused an adult my husband and I are both adult enough to admit when are wrong and ask for forgiveness but we could have never forgiven ourselves if these children would have been hurt and we never said a word.

Sometimes you have to be willling to let someone or something walk away in order to protect those you love, children are defenseless in this maddening world yet as adults we understand people make mistakes or not, we also understand that sometimes people react in order to defend themselves. All we can do is speak the truth as we know it, be honest with everyone in our paths, and ask for forgiveness when we are wrong. We have to check ourselves and that is the one awesome thing we found in this situation, that my husband and I have trully developed a accountability system for each other and even though it resulted in hurt for others we knew because of our accountablity to one another and our commitment to GOD that we both believed what we did was in the best interest of the children. I hate difficult choices but I love when we get to the other side, just like in this circumstance, it hurt but it drew my husband and I much closer, just when we thought we couldn't get any closer. God is so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment