Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping and the only creature that is stirring is me, crazy things happen, like I get work done in the quiet, I get inspiration and God Speaks so loud sometimes I am afraid he may wake up the house. IT is a great time of day or night for me, I love it, I sleep these days so my all-nighters are reserved for right before going to print, deadlines and nights when I just want to write all night. Last night I did it all, I designed, I wrote and I did get inspired, I laughed at myself, I prayed for people I don't even know but most of all I finally did something I have been meaning to do most of my adult life; I read about Literary agents, the pros and cons, what publishers are looking for in a book and how to get a book deal. Funny huh, I own a magazine so I am apublisher, I am the Editor in Chief so I am a Editor, I handle media buys and have even sought publishing for clients so in some ways I am an agent but I don't know how to get a book deal, how to get a book published or where the starting line is, well come to find out I am past the starting line because Don't laugh but I publish myself so I am a considered accomplished. That made me laugh really made me laugh like almost on the floor rolling iwth laughter. I write from my heart and share my life with everyone, so I am not quite sure how that makes me accomplished but according to some site I am So, the point is over the last few years i have written more and more, I have written manuscrips anything from fiction, to inspirational, murder and mystery, non-fiction regarding topics I am both passionate about and not so passionate about. The biggest thing an agent does is keep 15% of your earnings, ok fine by me. Everyone tells me I should write a book, just a book of stories of real events that have happened in my life they have all the elements, laughter, sadness, hapiiness, loss, survival, acceptance, forgiveness, rebuilding, quirky friends, quirkier family members and me; funny. So anyway I did it, I let God nudge me right into reading about it, looking it up and thinking about. Now what to do with the information well that is the true topic for day, what do we do with information once God gives it to us? I have a terrible habit of storing it away, like maybe I will go on a gameshow someday and win a million dollars because I know a little about a WHOLE BIG ENOURMOUS amount of STUFF! LOL So, take me if you go on a gameshow except singing bee, take one of my other friends Crissy, Kristi or call my husbands daughter cuz I CAN't sing unless its with Jackie, ok lost track of myself for a moment there, now remember I have been up all night (wink, wink). So now I have the information, what do I do with it? Like most things I want to put it up on the shelf and wait until GOD knocks me right in the NOGGIN because that way I am sure it is him and not me, with some secret desire to be famous that I am not aware of (I actually don;t want to be famous I had a stalker last year, yeah no fun) so the point is what do we do with the information God gives us and how do we know when its him and not us. Well, for me its usually GOD loud and CLear when I am fighting it, telling him no, why would I tell GOd no if it wasn't him, why would I tell God no anyway, I think I like to be smacked down, because I ALWAYS do it. There are those who claim I am crazy, and I would have to agree in this case crazy because I usually know what he wants but I keep waiting for his will and my will to match up. Too bad he is always waiting on me to figure it out. Like with our children, you know those moments when they keep doing something over and over and over and over again because they dont get it yet and you have to let them fall so they will get it, well thats what God is doing with us, he is waiting for us to decide that his will and our will are the same not his will becoming my will but my will being his will, man that was a mouthful. Improtant lessons. So Today I actually am going to ask you to do something for me, IF you read this pray for me, to know what Gods will is, what the next step is supposed to be and that my will is the same as his will, and since we all probaly agree that my will is different then lets just pray that I accept his will in my life, embrace, celebrate it and use the information to GLORIFY him and HIS KINGDOM! GOD BLESS YOU ALL... 24 days till CHRISTMAS... UGH

No comments:

Post a Comment