Friday, September 25, 2009

Going home!

Going home! What does going home mean? Home is where the heart is so they say. We grow up in "hometowns" then we make a home for a family and going home is something we do daily, we run our daily lives and rush through the door of our homes to do all the things we have to do as moms and wives to make a home. This morning I was considering that my High School (SHS) plays my boys school CHS tonight and that its homecoming for Seguin. How ironic, it is that just as I prepare to essentially return Home to Seguin with the launch of Women of Seguin that my tow worlds will meet for homecoming tonight on a football field! Last week my youngest son started his pee-wee football game against who, A SEGUIN TEAM, I think I recognized to some level everyone of the coaches, I cheered for both teams! It was fun, I didnt know the boys on the Seguin Team but I knew their moms and dads and that made it fun, And I kept thinking God is the affirmation that I am doing what you want? Its exciting that in so many aspects of my life I am seeing my worlds mesh together, ironic or just divinely inspired? I choose to think that after almost 20 years of being gone from my hometown (i live up the road and my husband worked there for almost 30 years so I was always in town) I am now bringing the two together, being active in both towns and understanding that I can have allegiance to both.

I thought I have two homes, how lucky am I? Then I considered I have three homes and home really is where the heart is. The only home that matters is my home in Heaven when this life is done and being a part of the lives of one, two or three hometowns is just part of the incredible journey God has given me.

GOD BLESS and GOOD LUCK to both CHS and SHS tonight but I have to say around here the same wager is in place as every year for the last 14 if SHS wins my husband, a CHS grad ('77) and my children have to do the famous cheer M-A-...M-A-T-A... M-A-T-A-D-O-R... MATADORS are what we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO COOGS! GO MATADORS! LOVE YOU BOTH!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel- I live in SA but my partnetr still in Seguin, My BFF still in Seguin..
    Home is where the heart is defintely- my heart is in both places.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete