Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We all have hard choices to make in life. It has always been easy for me to see what someone else needs to choose or the right choice for someone else but I struggle with choices that I know God wants me to make. I have had relationships in my life that I knew needed to let go or change the dynamics but I often fight against it. This last year I have endured GOD actually removing these people from life yet one of these negative influences have remained and for whatever the reason it has been up to me to end it. I have resisted for almost a year in ending this friendship, in fact I decided that I did not need to end it instead I just needed to change it or work it to my benefit, anything but actually lose this person. I love this friend very much. This morning while having breakfast with a friend she made a comment "what do I love more then Jesus?" I was appalled to think that there were at least 5 things in my life today that if I really stood and got honest I would have to say maybe I didnt love them more then Jesus but I definetly have not been obedient in resolving or letting go of these things.

Growing up we use to sing the song "separate me from what separates us" well I have to separate myself from those things that are keeping me from being fully what God wants me to be. The friendship that I have desprately needed to end I just end and not one single tear was shed by me, I feel free. It has made me question why when I have stood here before and hurt like this before and then let go and experienced freedom from finally standing in his glory I have resisted for so long. Human nature it is. I want what I cant have and like a child who we teach to share or discipline them when they make unwise or unsafe choices, that is just what I have been in God's eyes, his child that needed discipline. I am not sure if it is too late to reverse a series of events that I have allowed to be put into motion or to stop the hurt that might becoming my families way but I definetley know that I have helaing and restoration in front of me because I have finally been obedient. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt for months that I needed to do this but I tried everyway I could to remain in control and it hurt me, my family and countless others but thats all part of my story. I am glad because it was beautiful to remember what ultimate freedom feels like!

GOD BLESS, dont resist, embrace God plan for you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment