Saturday, September 26, 2009

When God is Silent but not still!

You know if you read my writings much you know I love music and movies and find great insights in everything I watch and hear, give me a song and I am going to pull out every lyric and relate it to something, give me a movie and I am going to find some sort of imagery that will inspire me, but give me a bunch of troubles and I am going to struggle to see what is going on! So I am reading a great book by Charles Stanley on adversity, which its not teaching me anything I don't know but it is confirming loud and clear exactly what I do know, and believe it or not it brings to mind a good "ol country song by none other then Garth Brooks, "unanswered Prayers"! In this song Garth sings about thanking God for unanswered Prayers, even for a country song that is actually talking about why God did not let him be with his High School Sweetheart but in the end he had something even better. Don't we all feel like that sometimes God isn't answering us? I do and you know what when we feel like that he probably isn't answering us. Now don't freak out, He doesn't answer our prayers sometimes, sometimes he answers and its not what we want or what we asked for but sometimes he is actually silent and no amount of Praying is going to get us an answer but it doesn't mean he is not thinking of us, and just because he appears silent, he is NOT STILL, he is moving in our lives or in others lives which will eventually move in ours!

Throughout the last year more times then I can tell you I have prayed for deliverance, for just a glimmer of the end of my adversity, I have begged, pleaded, cried and at times raged, I have even retreated from the world, but the same words have come to me over and over from my MIGHTY GOD "Be still and wait"! I am not sure that there is yet a light at the end of the tunnel, but there is a light because God sent his so to be the Light of the world and he is very alive and at work in my life, and learning to be still and wait, has been demonstrated to me over and over again. Just when the bottom was truly falling out, in the very last second, when the deadline was near or upon me and in some situations the clock had ticked past the commanded hour, GOD would move and I would be amazed. The worst part is that I bet he has demonstrated this mighty power over a hundred times this last year maybe even more, but yet if I am honest I was wavering in Faith and allowing my mind to be attacked by Satan.

I even took "be still and wait to" a whole new ungodly level by retreating into my "cave" as I say. I mean I stopped going out of my home, Fear of facing what lay on the other side of the door gripped me and I twisted the heeding of my Heavenly Father allowing Satan to rob me and those around me of the Glory of What GOD was and is doing in my life! OK, let me explain, The last year has been well, very difficult, I took be "still and wait", and made it into "be still and wait until everything is better before you share your troubles"! Oh, the mind, isn't it where Satan always finds that little crack? I tried to fall apart, I tried to hide from the world and I tried to be still and wait where no one could see anything that was happening, NOW IF THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING then what am I robbing GOD of? Confused? OK here is my great insight for today, I took be "still and wait" to mean hide in my cave until all is well, waiting upon the LORD to just deliver me, and restore me. I am sure that I will be called to share my story with people that have not been apart of the last year, but I am robbing those who have been apart of it from seeing GOD MOVE IN MY LIFE!

God may be silent in our lives but he is always working in our lives! Don't forget that, let the world experience what he is doing in our lives, you never know if what he is doing in your life might actually, give one person the gift of eternity, just because he was Glorified in you, because when the bottom fell out, you had the strength to be honest and show your faith. Today is the start of a whole new experience for me and most of all, its the start of being transparent with everyone. I am an open book when it comes to my past, and share my sin when called to, I give God the Glory for my restoration and praise him for what I learned during that time in my life where I chose sin, its easy to talk about what he did in my life after I turned from sin, It is not nearly as easy to talk about what he is doing in my life when I am not even sure, It is not quite as easy to Praise him, when you have no idea how much further you have to go in the adversity, but I bet I start seeing some big changes now that I least understand that, I may not see it for a while but at least I won't be wrestling with "WHAT IS GOING ON?" Why? I know that he is at work, I just don't know what he is doing, but today thats ok.

Have a BLESSED DAY and GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY!

NOTE: I hate capitalizing satan in my writings, spell check changes it, it just feels like it gives him too much credit, but then isnt that just normal, spell check capitlaizes his name and he capitalizes on us! Just thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment