Monday, September 14, 2009

Sometimes there is no way to express feelings, in fact sometimes I just have to admit that I am ANGRY! In those moments I have to be honest and say I wish I was a fire breathing dragon that could burn those who have angered me to a crisp. Oh but can't we do that even if we don't really breathe fire? I can. I am absolutely sure that once I am angry, if given the choice those I am angry at would choose a fire breathing dragon over my anger. I laugh now but haven't we all had those moments where we are like some crazy imaginary character brought to life in an instant, leaving us looking around going WOW where did that come from? I actually don't show my anger that often anymore, I have a bad habit of layering hurts, anger and other resentment on top of each other until I boil over and the fire breathing DRAGON is unleashed!

I am not proud of that anger, I know its not productive, but what is it exactly how do I deal with it. I would love to master the art of effectively letting someone know they have angered me yet still be gentle and never be the fire breathing dragon again.

Psalm 37:7-9 (New International Version)
7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

So, I have to refrain from anger and be patient, anger leads to evil. You know the thing I am learning over and over is that one simple truth rings out we are called to be still and wait. I can't wait until I grasp that a little more. Funny isn't be still and wait yet I can't wait. I have always heard not to pray for patience but even if we don't ask for it, through and through time and time again God is going to teach us to be still and wait, and that mean even my fire breathing dragon needs to be still and wait!

GOD BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment