Thursday, September 24, 2009

How do you have that?

Have you ever met someone and you honestly walked away saying "WOW, I wonder what they have that I don't?" Not because they have a better car, or a bigger house but because the honestly glow, and just being in their presence makes you feel like you are a better person or at least you leave them thinking you could be a better person? I have met men and women like this and teenagers and even toddlers, they just have something special about them, fortunately I know what it is, they have the light of Christ in them. They honestly are shining the light of Christ into a trouble world.

I remember as a teen wanting to be like two women, one used to say that the Holy spirit put her bladder behind her eyes, I wanted to cry when I felt the touch or the gentle nudging of the spirit, I even asked for it. Well, I do feel it and I cry like a baby and sometimes I feel it when I pull into a parking lot because the mighty spirit is at work but then I still want the easy way in this life. You know I want to feel Gods hand in my life and I do. I have a desire for him to direct my life, oh of course I still struggle with the worldly or ungodly things I want in my life but I want it and I have it, but I want it to be easy. For example, I believe that when Jesus returns I will be called home and out of here before the world goes completely insane, but my son just asked me "wouldn't it be cool if you were the one God chose to leave behind to help lead the nations to him in those days following his return." My reply was "NO< I want to be gone"

He really thinks that would be the most amazing event if he was the one left behind so God could use him. I love the LORD and I cant wait to be in Heaven but how do we actually have that, that complete unselfishness that would allow the desire of our heart to be left and thrown into danger, thrown into a fire of unrest and a life where we could be killed for admitting that we follow GOD? So I sit at my computer and I think that's what are all called to do, we are called to stand out, we are called to put our trust in him and not of this world, We are called into the fire, we are called to be the light and carry the message. I can surrender a thousand times a day and ask God to use me but to think that I would ask for him to let me be used in a time where I would judged and punished by death for standing up and saying I BELIEVE IN YOU, man No I said I want to be home safe in Heaven. Well, I want to have that kind of desire, I want to be willing to lay my life down everyday, I want to be willing to be persecuted because I am a believer. I owe it to him after all, he gave his only son so I could have eternal life, so whats a little persecution, So the fire, and the world can't defeat me unless I allow it and I only allow it when I take my eyes off him and place my faith and trust in the World.

Just something to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment